All undergraduate instruction, labs, and co-curricular activities to be held online for the duration of the fall 2020 semester.
As we expand in-person activities on campus this spring, the health of our community continues to remain our top priority. Our collective safety will require everyone to consistently adhere to health and safety guidelines outlined in the Return to Campus guide, including the robust testing program that has been implemented on campus.
You are also encouraged to read and follow the precautions described in the JHU Social Compact. Please remember the vital role that you play in keeping our community safe—JHNeedsU to help us protect each other!
- Brody Learning Commons, Milton S. Eisenhower Library, and the Hutzler Reading Room are open with restricted density and limited hours.
- The O’Connor Recreation Center is temporarily closed due to staffing shortages.
- In-person student activities remain restricted by campus guidelines governing physical distancing and limits on gathering size (currently 10 people). We will update you if these restrictions change.
- No decisions have yet been made about sports competition during the spring semester. Conversations at the conference level are ongoing, and we expect to share more information in December.
Financial aid for Homewood students
- Spring semester bills:
- Issued Dec. 10
- Due Jan. 21
- Financial aid: Credited to students’ accounts Jan. 19
- Undergraduate tuition for the spring semester will be at the standard full-time rate of $28,505, and this amount is already reflected in financial aid awards.
- Students who receive need-based aid and whose living situations change as a result of the return to campus will receive updated aid packages in November.
- The university will continue to assist students whose family circumstances have changed as a result of the pandemic. If you need assistance with financial aid, contact the financial aid office.
- As has been the case since the beginning of the pandemic, funds to cover unanticipated COVID-related expenses are available for students in need. Students can request assistance at any time.