Students who test positive for COVID-19 will be asked to isolate in their room or residence.
In general …
- Those who have tested positive for COVID-19 should isolate for a minimum of five days.
- Student can end isolation after five days if:
- Their symptoms are improving and
- They have had no fever for the past 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
- Students who test positive for COVID may complete this form to ensure the university knows that you have tested positive
- If you submit your positive test result, you will receive an email indicating you are isolated for five days. This email will indicate your clearance date.
- You are required to isolate for a minimum of five days from the date of your positive test
- While in isolation, you are not permitted to attend class and should coordinate with your instructors for either remote access or makeup of classwork
- If you continue to have a fever or your symptoms are not improving after five days, you must remain in isolation until symptoms resolve
- If you want to discuss if you are eligible for anti-viral medication or are concerned about your symptoms, you can call your local student health center to schedule a telemedicine visit.
- Homewood Student Health & Wellness Center: 410-516-8270
- East Baltimore University Health Services: 410-955-3250
- Calls received after hours will be triaged by our Nurse Advice Line. All messages will be returned on the next business day.
- If you are experiencing severe symptoms, call 911 or go to your local emergency department. Emergency symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Persistent chest pain or chest pressure
- Pale, gray, or blue-ish skin, lips, or nail beds
Guidance for undergrads living on campus
- If a student tests positive for COVID-19, they must isolate for a minimum of five days. Currently, students can be cleared after five days if asymptomatic or cleared after six days if symptoms are improving. Students must continue to wear a well-fitting mask until day 10 regardless of symptoms.
- Students may leave their residence hall to pick up meals from dining halls.
Guidance for all students living off campus
- If a student tests positive for COVID-19, they must isolate for a minimum of five days in their private residence and continue to wear a well-fitting mask until day 10.