Details on operational issues, health and safety guidance, and expectations for use of campus facilities
Johns Hopkins University’s goal remains to resume its suspended on-campus activities to the greatest extent possible as soon as is prudent.
We have developed guidelines for a phased resumption of research, instruction, and other activities in a manner that puts the health and safety of our community at the forefront.
“The challenge ahead of us will require our utmost imagination and adaptability, as well as patience with and compassion for each other. We have no doubt that we will, yet again, forge a path forward that not only sets a high bar but ensures that all of us clear it together. We are truly grateful to each of you for helping us navigate this important moment for Johns Hopkins.”President Ronald J. Daniels and Provost Sunil Kumar
Your input is crucial—we want to hear from you. In addition to our formal task force working groups, we have created multiple avenues for community engagement, including a 20-member student advisory committee and a series of town halls and forums to discuss the guidelines for resuming on-campus activity.
You can also share comments and suggestions about the resumption of on-campus activities at anytime.
- Our plans for the spring semester (Jan. 8)
- Draft Phase 2 Return to Campus guide (Dec. 18)
- Upgraded JHU COVID-19 dashboard (Dec. 15)
- Spring planning update (Dec. 8)
- Monitoring the rise in COVID cases (Nov. 19)
- Avoid travel, stay safe this Thanksgiving (Nov. 9)
- Spring semester plans (Nov. 2)
- Expanded use of labs, single offices, and library spaces (Oct. 28)
- Update on Johns Hopkins University finances (Oct. 15)
- Starting the planning process for spring 2021 (Oct. 1)
- JHU confirms plans to resume limited in-person instruction for spring (Hub, Jan. 8)
- Policies, procedures updated in preparation for expanded spring return (Hub, Dec. 18)
- Dashboard showing COVID-19 test data among students, employees expanded (Hub, Dec. 15)
- Hopkins plans to welcome students back to campus in January (Hub, Nov. 2)
- University provides spring semester planning update (Hub, Oct. 1)
- Guidance for limited on-campus activities updated (Hub, Aug. 21)
- University launches health and safety awareness effort (Hub, Aug. 19)
- Undergraduate instruction, activities move online for fall (Hub, Aug. 6)
- Town hall on spring 2021 return to campus (Nov. 9)
- Town hall on spring 2021 return for undergraduates (Nov. 5)
- Town hall on university finances (Oct. 21) – JHED login required
- Town hall for graduate students on spring planning (Oct. 15)
- Town hall for faculty on spring planning (Oct. 14)