Details on the university’s vaccination requirement, how to submit documentation, and how to request an exception
Johns Hopkins University’s goal remains to conduct on-campus activities to the greatest extent possible during the fall 2021 semester. These plans are predicated on continuing public health strategies to promote a safe campus and community.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required for all faculty, staff, postdoctoral fellows, and undergraduate and graduate students who will be working or studying at a U.S.-based campus or worksite. More information
- Given the rise in COVID-19 cases in Maryland associated with the delta variant, the university reinstated its indoor masking mandate, regardless of vaccination status, effective Thursday, Aug. 5. More information
- Once-weekly COVID testing is required for all vaccinated undergraduate and graduate students; twice-weekly testing is required for all unvaccinated affiliates
- Daily Prodensity health checks are required. More information
- Physical distancing requirements and occupancy limits have been lifted in elevators and bathrooms, though distancing is recommended for those who are not vaccinated.
- When eating or drinking at a distance of at least 6 feet from any other person. Food at university-sponsored indoor events will be suspended except for grab-and-go food to be taken away from the event or drinks/snacks that can be consumed with only momentary unmasking.
- Classes and indoor events with fewer than 50 people will be permitted, with capacity restriction exceptions made on a case-by-case basis.
- Guests will be allowed on campus; all campus guests regardless of vaccine status will be required to wear face-coverings while on the property as of Aug. 5.
- Only essential university-sponsored travel, approved by your division, is permitted. Affiliates will be required to submit travel approval documentation with their expense reports.
Your feedback is important to us—we hope to hear from you and to answer any questions you may have via the feedback form on this website and via periodic town hall discussions. You can share comments and suggestions about the resumption of on-campus activities at anytime.
- Updated COVID safety protocols (Aug. 27)
- Changes to accepted COVID vaccinations (Aug. 19)
- JHU and Baltimore City masking requirements (Aug. 12)
- New masking requirement for JHU (Aug. 4)
- Johns Hopkins masking requirements update (July 30)