May 13, 2020
Dear Peabody Residents,
We hope you have been able to stay safe and healthy during these trying times. Your continued patience and understanding as we have worked through this unprecedented time is greatly appreciated.
We have gained approval by the State and University leadership to begin the Spring 2020 move out process allowing you to schedule an appointment to return to campus retrieve your belongings between May 18 and June 30. While the residence halls remain closed, we have designed a move out process that adheres to public health guidance.
You are under no obligation to return to pack and retrieve your belongings at this time. If returning to campus poses challenges for you given various circumstances (e.g., state travel restrictions, financial hardships, health concerns), we will work with you to pack and store your belongings in a safe and secure fashion.
For those of you who are able to return to campus to retrieve your belongings, below is some important information about how we will manage the process. We remain committed to a healthy and safe process that adheres to public health guidance for physical distancing and cleaning protocols. Move out will be a highly coordinated effort, and we need your commitment to adhere to our process. Resident move out will be by appointment with the first appointments available on May 18, 2020.
Some of the steps necessary to ensure a safe and healthy process include:
- Access to residence halls will be strictly managed through the student’s appointment time; student’s will report to the Campus Security office to pick up a temp card which will provide campus access during a scheduled 2 hour appointment window. This temp card will need to be returned at the end of your move-out window.
- All involved in the move out process will be required to wear masks during move out (providing own masks).
- Custodial staff will continually clean common areas and high touch areas
- Hand sanitizer stations will be at the main entrance of each residence hall, elevator lobby locations, as well as other high traffic areas.
- Students and only one guest may arrive at their appointment time, empty their rooms, and drop their key envelope in a secured location.
- Staff will be available via phone and email with signage on campus sharing contact information.
- Key envelopes and instructions for move out will be located near the entrance to Student Affairs.
- Key envelope drop location will be the secured suggestion box to the right of the entrance to the Student Affairs office.
- Instructions will be posted to limit the number of people in the elevator at any one time.
We encourage ALL residential students to click HERE to advise us of your individual circumstances and/or to make an appointment. Once you make your appointment, you will receive a confirmation. Unless you have a confirmed appointment, we cannot allow you on campus. Again, all residence halls are still closed, and you may not stay overnight in the halls unless you have previously been granted an exception to remain in the residence halls.
Again, we thank you for your patience during this challenging time. If you have additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peabody Residence Life