February 19, 2021
This semester, Transportation Services is working hard to keep Baltimore safe and accessible. The services you know and love, from Blue Jay Shuttle to the JHMI, will continue to run de-densified. Face masks are required for both drivers and passengers, and cleaning has been increased.
Below you will find more details on utilizing transportation this semester. Please review this information and reach out to Transportation Services with any questions.
Director of Transportation Services
Alanna W. Shanahan
Vice Provost for Student Affairs
Vehicles are cleaned after each driver shift using Office of Health, Safety and Environment approved, hospital grade products.
- All passengers and drivers are required to wear face coverings at all times.
- Bus capacity is limited to 20 passengers.
- Van capacity is limited to 6 passengers.
- In both the JHMI and Blue Jay Shuttles, you are required to sit every other seat and not directly in front of or behind another passenger.
- Utilize the TransLoc app to call a Blue Jay Shuttle for Night Ride.
Evening Blue Jay Shuttle Service
Until further notice, Night Ride hours of operation are 6 p.m.–2 a.m. Homewood Route and Brody Shuffle services are NOT operating. You may now request a Night Ride pickup from Brody Learning Commons and its immediate vicinity.
Download the TransLoc App to request a ride during the hours of operation.
Lyft services are called automatically through the TransLoc app when the wait time for the Blue Jay Shuttle exceeds 10 minutes.
Daytime Bus and Shuttle Service
Using a combination of buses and vans, six routes connect the Homewood Campus with the following Johns Hopkins properties: the Carey Business School, FastForwardU, JHU at Eastern, JHU at Keswick, JHU at Mount Washington, Johns Hopkins Bayview, Johns Hopkins Medical Institute, the Peabody Institute, R. House, and Stieff Silver.
- Homewood – Peabody – JHMI Shuttle: [Map/Schedule EFFECTIVE FEB 13th]
- Keswick – Homewood – Eastern – JHMI Shuttle: [Map/Schedule]
- Homewood – Bayview Express Shuttle: is not operating at this time. Will resume at a date to be determined.
- Homewood – Mt. Washington Express Shuttle: is not operating at this time. Will resume at a date to be determined.
- Remington Shuttle: is not operating at this time. Will resume at a date to be determined.
- Carey Business School Shuttle: is not operating at this time. Will resume at a date to be determined.
NOTE: For shuttles and buses which originate from the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute aside from the above referenced Homewood-Peabody-JHMI route, please click here.
Contact Transportation Services at email@example.com or 443-573-8180.