January 12, 2021
Dear New Blue Jays,
We are thrilled to welcome many of you to campus this spring. As stated in the recent university announcement, classes will begin as scheduled on Monday, January 25. Move-in and orientation for undergraduates living in Homewood residence halls will begin on Saturday, January 16 as planned. For a full January Hop-On Board Orientation schedule, visit Guidebook or download the Guidebook App, tap the download button, and open Guidebook and look for the guide “JHU Orientation 2020.”
There are a few critical details we wish to highlight for new students as they prepare for the spring semester, and for many, a move to the Homewood campus:
- Any in-person classes and activities (with the exception of first year Orientation programming) will remain online until February 1 so that we can ensure that students are able to meet appropriate COVID testing requirements before taking part in on-campus instruction or other activities.
- Details regarding the full January Hop-On Board Orientation schedule can be found by visiting Guidebook or downloading the Guidebook App. Upon clicking the mobile link, tap the download button, and open Guidebook and look for the guide “JHU Orientation 2020.”
- If you will need any disability related accommodations, please reach out to email@example.com as soon as possible, so we will have sufficient time to make arrangements for the individual needs of each participant.
- The university will provide on-campus housing and dining options for the spring semester. Learn more about what to expect on move-in day and other Housing and Dining details.
- Per the updated return to campus health info for undergrads, all undergraduate students must receive two negative test results through the JHU testing program prior to attending any in-person classes or activities. These tests should occur two days apart.
- Initial testing schedules for residential students living on-campus will be determined by your specific move-in date. Your first test will be administered during move-in.
- Residential students must quarantine in their assigned housing until the first negative result is received with the exception of picking up meals.
- You will need to schedule your second test through MyChart 48 hours after your initial test during move-in.
- All those coming to campus will be required to use the Prodensity app for test results and to monitor their symptoms, wear face coverings at all times, and avoid large gatherings.
Still, have questions? Connect with your FYM or the Office of Orientation and First-Year Experience by email or send a text to 410-376-5710.
We wish you a safe and healthy semester ahead and look forward to seeing you soon,
Office of Orientation & First-Year Experience